I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.

Mission: Revival of hearts for Jesus and the growth of His Kingdom through believers committed to allowing The Lord to guide their footsteps into neighborhoods and communities, praying for all of the people and households they are led past.


Monday, February 13, 2012

The sweet fragrance...

Last friday, I went out for my MPO run and, as always, I let God decide where He wanted me to go.  Interestingly, on these runs, I don't have to wonder where He wants me to turn, I just follow my feet.  Friday turned out to be a significant growth session. I was led down a path that was new to me.  It was much farther than I am used to running.  I found myself about 12 1/2 miles out and was about 7 miles from home when I started running out of physical strength.  I decided to finish by walking some and eventually could only walk.  It was cold and windy but I knew that God would not have led me to where I was if the people who were passing me did not need prayer.  I did some praying for myself, too.  I knew my husband would be worried because I had been gone for some time.  I prayed that either my husband or Mr. Jones (an elderly man who always stops to speak to me when he sees me on the road) would find me and take me home.  When I was 2 1/2 miles from my house, Mr Jones just happened to be on the road I was on at the same time as I was on it (divine appointment) and he picked me up and took me home.  I told him he was answered prayer!  I didn't understand that struggle.  Had I missed directions?  Had I stepped out into my own weakness?   Amazingly, I was not sore or broken down.  Sunday, as I was running, I received an answer.  I can't physically cover enough ground and pray for all those in need of prayer by myself.  God showed me how great the need is and how little I can do on my own.  Please consider getting out in your neighborhoods and communities and pray for the people you pass. 
2 Corinthians 2:14 But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment