I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.

Mission: Revival of hearts for Jesus and the growth of His Kingdom through believers committed to allowing The Lord to guide their footsteps into neighborhoods and communities, praying for all of the people and households they are led past.


Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fruit - Flowers - Seeds

During my MPO run this morning the fruit of the Spirit came to mind.
Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.  I prayed that those I was praying for would be touched by the fruit of the Spirit.
If you have read my earlier posts, you may remember that one of the prayers that God keeps on my heart for those He sends me past is that my prayers would be planted as seeds in those hearts.
I had to smile as I recalled something about the difference between fruits and vegetables being about the seeds.  I looked it up and found that a fruit is the part of a plant that has developed from a flower and contains seeds. 
God made fruit brightly colored and attractive to the hungry.  I can see why Paul compared the attributes of being filled with the Spirit to fruit. 
Please consider Moving, Praying and Obeying in your community.  God will free your heart to love your neighbor, offer joyful obedience, spread peace, practice patience, extend kindness and goodness, faithfully serve with a gentle attitude, and excercise self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment